Southampton Football Club is delighted to announce a multi-year partnership with global sports brand Under Armour.
As of July 1st 2016, the club will enter a seven-year partnership that will see Under Armour provide game-changing technologies and product innovations to aid the club’s on-pitch development.
Under Armour, the originator of performance footwear, apparel and equipment, has revolutionised how athletes across the world dress.
Six bold pledges will be at the heart of this exciting partnership, aiming to drive future success and innovation for the club, supporters and sport of football.
The following are the six key pledges that Saints and Under Armour plan to deliver over the next seven seasons together:
- Relentlessly innovate and create revolutionary product enabling our first team to perform at the highest level.
- Continue to develop the next generation of academy talent and empower them with over 5,000 pairs of cutting-edge footwear over the next seven years.
- Work with the Saints Foundation and kit out more than 5,000 children in the local community.
- Develop the women's and girls' game through our shared expertise and knowledge.
- Realise our global ambitions by spreading the benefits of sport and healthy living through technology and activations.
- Together we commit to having fans and innovation at the heart of everything we do
Talking about this exciting new chapter in the club’s history, Saints chairman Ralph Krueger said: “Under Armour shares similar values to us in that they achieve success through a combination of hard work and strategic thinking.
“At Southampton, our determination to succeed is accompanied by a commitment to develop athletes as people, and this partnership reflects this.
“Our challenge now is to retain our ‘underdog’ mentality whilst entering a sustained period of success.”
Peter Murray, Vice President of Global Sports Marketing at Under Armour, said: “Southampton FC, like Under Armour, is humble and hungry. They are an institution with strong core values based on a pioneering attitude.
“The club’s commitment to developing and improving players at every level continues to set a benchmark in the sport.
“We look forward to providing game-changing technologies and product innovations to further support the club’s on-pitch performance.”
The partnership will see Under Armour design and develop match kits beginning with the club’s 2016/17 home and away strip.