Interim Payroll Officer (6 months)
Permanent (30 hours per week)
St Mary’s Training Centre Ltd (SMTC) was founded in 2007 and is a subsidiary company of Southampton Football Club competing in the highest tier of English football.
SMTC has two main functions:
• To identify and provide for the training needs of SFC as direct provider or facilitator;
• To identify and secure external training contracts and develop revenue streams.
Our diverse culture at the Club and staff competencies mean that we are subject experts across many areas including security and spectator safety, through to hospitality, management and most recently the successful launch of Apprenticeships in Business Admin, Customer Service and Team Leading.
What is the role?
The role of Training & Quality Officer will be a hands on role within the Training Centre and will support and deliver Apprenticeships and workshops to both internal and external clients on an individual and group basis.
The role will also include internal quality assurance within your subject expertise that meet stakeholder requirements, and ensuring that resources are suitable for their purpose. Alongside this, you will be managing the successful recruitment and enrolment for learners, ensuring that the programmes you deliver are interesting, innovative and updated when required.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an interactive individual who has experience delivering a high standard of training in a commercial or education environment. The successful candidate will be experienced in managing learner behaviours to ensure a successful outcome and the ability to teach many candidates with different levels of ability.
You should have training qualifications in your subject areas, and will hold a Foundation Teaching Qualification or equivalent and Awards in Assessing and Verifying. We are looking for an experienced trainer in core subject areas including employability, retail, management, hospitality or customer service.
The competencies which are required include:
• Experience of delivering an excellent standard of training in a commercial or education environment.
• Experienced in managing learner behaviours that ensure successful learning outcomes.
• Experience or knowledge of education programmes such as Study programmes, Traineeships and/or apprenticeships.
• Experienced quality assurer, with a proven track record of managing internal verification.
• Experience with E-portfolios and electronic Learner Management Systems.
• Delivery of functional skills in Maths, English and ICT at Level 1 & 2.
• Experienced assessor with the ability to apply varying assessment approaches
Qualifications (incl. certifications) Essential:
• Qualifications in one or more of the core essential subject areas; employability, retail, management, hospitality, customer service.
• Foundation Teaching Qualification ie PTLLS or equivalent.
• Assessors Award ie. A1 or equivalent.
• Verifier award ie. V1 or equivalent.
Qualifications (incl. certifications) Desirable:
• Level 5 or Higher Teaching Qualification.
• Level 2 or above in English and Maths.
• Ability to interact and teach to many candidates with different levels of ability.
• Good team player.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
• IT literate in Microsoft Office packages.
• Demonstrates enthusiasm and is personally committed to achieving objectives set and inspiring learning.
• Innovative with the able to give new ideas and suggestions for improvement.
What do you get in return?
If you are successful you can look forward to a healthy benefits package:
• A competitive salary depending on experience.
• Two Season Tickets.
• 24 days’ holiday per year, increasing to 25 days after one full football season.
• Life Assurance Cover of 2x salary.
• Contributory Pension Scheme.
• Incentivised Private Medical Insurance Scheme.
• Child Care Vouchers.
• Free onsite parking.
• Discounted Southampton Football Club merchandise.
Please be aware that a criminal disclosure and identity check will be carried out for this opportunity.
If you are keen to undertake a new exciting challenge, please submit your CV and cover letter plus your current salary by clicking here.
For a full description of the job, please click here.
The closing date for applications is 31st March 2017.
Southampton Football Club recognises that the safety and protection of those children and young people in day to day contact with the Club is paramount. The Company is committed to creating a safe culture for all.
Southampton Football Club is an Equal Opportunities Employer