Southampton Football Club is a Premier League club competing at the highest level of professional football with a culture which promotes respect, unity, accountability, creativity and aspiration – this is The Southampton Way.
We look for people with integrity, compassion and support for those around them; people who take pride in what they do with an honest approach, who embrace a challenge while also being accountable for their decisions; people who have the energy and passion to bring an innovative approach to their role and strive to be different from the rest; people with the aspiration to lead the way and become an example to others.
At Southampton Football Club you’ll be given the platform to work in a vibrant, intelligent and challenging work environment with the potential to develop and become the best at what you do.
We don’t stand still, we are constantly moving forward.
What is the Tax Accountant role?
This is an exciting Tax Accountant opportunity to join our growing Finance Department in the new role of Tax Accountant. You will deliver a range of quality tax services across the Group in compliance with all relevant tax laws, rules and regulations whilst using available incentives and reliefs to minimise the tax cost of conducting our business operations.
You will serve as a business partner to the Group, providing innovative tax planning, applying professional diligence and care in the management of all risks associated with tax matters and will be responsible for all preparation and filing tax returns across the Group, including Corporation tax, VAT and Employment tax.
What are we looking for?
The successful candidate for this Tax Accountant role will have proven experience in tax, with excellent up to date knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance and tax returns. You will have strong interpersonal and communication skills and be confident in building relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Experience in tax strategy implementation would also be beneficial.
The competencies which are required for this Tax Accountant role include:
• Proven experience in tax, with excellent knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance and all types of tax returns.
• Prior experience in tax strategy implementation, planning support and project management.
Qualifications (incl. certification) Essential
• Professional qualification – Qualified ACCA, ACA, ICAS or CIOT, ATT or CTA.
• Strong IT skills, particularly Microsoft Excel, and use of management information systems.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• ‘Can do’ attitude towards problem solving.
• Knowledge of international taxation laws and regulations.
What do you get in return?
If you are successful you can look forward to a healthy benefits package;
• A competitive salary depending on experience.
• Two Season Tickets.
• 27 days’ holiday per year.
• Life Assurance Cover of 3x salary.
• Contributory Pension Scheme.
• Incentivised Private Medical Insurance Scheme.
• Child Care Vouchers.
• Free onsite parking.
• Discounted Southampton Football Club merchandise.
Click here for the full job description.
Please be aware that a criminal disclosure and identity check will be carried out for this opportunity.
If you are keen to undertake a new exciting challenge, please submit your CV and cover letter plus your current salary by clicking here.
The closing date for applications is Friday 20th January 2017.
Southampton Football Club recognises that the safety and protection of those children and young people in day to day contact with the Club is paramount. The Company is committed to creating a safe culture for all.
Southampton Football Club is an Equal Opportunities Employer