Supporter Relations Apprentice
(Part Time – 30 hours per week, Fixed Term Contract – 1 year)
Southampton Football Club is a Premier League club competing at the highest level of professional football with a culture which promotes respect, unity, accountability, creativity and aspiration – this is The Southampton Way.
We look for people with integrity, compassion and support for those around them; people who take pride in what they do with an honest approach, who embrace a challenge while also being accountable for their decisions; people who have the energy and passion to bring an innovative approach to their role and strive to be different from the rest; people with the aspiration to lead the way and become an example to others.
At Southampton Football Club you’ll be given the platform to work in a vibrant, intelligent and challenging work environment with the potential to develop and become the best at what you do.
We don’t stand still, we are constantly moving forward.
What is the role?
We are offering a fantastic Apprenticeship opportunity within a Business Administration and Customer Service environment.
Completing a NVQ Level 2 in Business Administration, with Customer Service you will gain both a qualification and first-hand experience of a customer service environment. While working within the Supporter Relations team, you will assist with email and telephone correspondence, recording of customer feedback and completing administration duties.
The role will provide the following learning outcomes;
• Completion of a NVQ Level 2 in Business Administration.
• Working knowledge of business administration and customer service functions.
• An understanding of a business environment.
• Develop both organisation and communication skills.
• An understanding and ability to work within a team environment.
• Experience of working for a high profile employer.
What are we looking for?
If you are a school or college leaver and are looking to start a career in business; this is the perfect opportunity for you to learn and develop within an environment where every day is different.
With such a customer focused role we are looking for a candidate who is organised, efficient, has excellent communication skills both verbal and written, and has an ability to build good relationships with customers. You will need to have strong attention to detail and work well within a team. You will also need to be personable and have a friendly manner with staff and managers.
In summary, the competencies which are required include:
• Some experience of paid work.
• 5 or more GCSEs grades A*-C, specifically English Language B or above and Mathematics C or above.
• Must be eligible to undertake an Apprenticeship.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Must be a able to work well in a team environment.
• An understanding and ability to maintain confidentiality with all work related matters.
• Exceptional communication skills within both internal and external stakeholders.
• Personable; with an ability to build relationships easily.
• Highly IT literate; for example; Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
• A creative nature with an ability to problem solve.
• Enthusiastic and personally committed to achieving objectives set.
• Receptive to feedback about own behaviour, strengths and areas for improvement.
• Smart appearance.
• Some experience in an administration role is desirable but not essential.
• Customer service experience.
What do you get in return?
If you are successful you can look forward to a healthy benefits package;
• National Apprenticeship Wage.
• Two Season Tickets.
• 22 days’ holiday per year.
• Contributory Pension Scheme.
• Incentivised Private Medical Insurance Scheme.
• Child Care Vouchers.
• Free onsite parking.
• Discounted Southampton Football Club merchandise.
Please be aware that a criminal disclosure and identity check will be carried out for this opportunity.
Click here for the full job description.
If you are keen to undertake a new exciting challenge, please submit your CV and cover letter plus your current salary here.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 3rd January 2017.
Southampton Football Club recognises that the safety and protection of those children and young people in day to day contact with the Club is paramount. The Company is committed to creating a safe culture for all.
Southampton Football Club is an Equal Opportunities Employer