Southampton Cup Team Training Coordinator
Casual (August 2nd-16th, 2017)
Southampton Football Club is a Premier League club competing at the highest level of professional football with a culture which promotes respect, unity, accountability, creativity and aspiration – this is The Southampton Way.
We look for people with integrity, compassion and support for those around them; people who take pride in what they do with an honest approach, who embrace a challenge while also being accountable for their decisions; people who have the energy and passion to bring an innovative approach to their role and strive to be different from the rest; people with the aspiration to lead the way and become an example to others.
At Southampton Football Club you’ll be given the platform to work in a vibrant, intelligent and challenging work environment with the potential to develop and become the best at what you do.
We don’t stand still, we are constantly moving forward.
What is the role?
The Southampton Cup is a brand new eight-day international youth football tournament, which is being hosted in Southampton and the surrounding area, involving boys’ and girls’ teams from across the globe.
There are already some of the best European teams signed up including Chelsea, RSC Anderlecht, Dinamo Zagreb and Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña, as well as a number of professional academies from the UK and abroad.
The tournament will become a key fixture in the calendar for youth football clubs around the world, bringing some of the most talented young players to the region for a ‘festival of football’.
We have an exciting opportunity for you to play a key role in ensuring the tournament runs smoothly.
We are looking for a Team Training Co-ordinator who will be responsible for organising and booking team training slots during the Southampton Cup. Teams who may wish to train during their days off or between fixtures will have the opportunity to train at three venues; St Georges Catholic College, Test Park Sports Ground and Wide Lane Sports Ground. It will be the role of the Team Training Co-ordinator to liaise with the teams and the Team Liaison Officers to book these slots as required.
Please note that you will need to be available from 2nd – 16th August in order to carry out this role. Specific hours of work will be arranged in due course.
What are we looking for?
You will have strong communication skills and the ability to liaise with numerous people to ensure bookings are made fairly and accurately. The successful candidate will have experience in a customer service role and will have excellent time management and organisational skills.
The competencies which are required include:
• Experience in customer service both face to face and by telephone.
• Experience in administration.
• Experience of working on large football tournaments ideally for teams from a variety of nationalities.
• Experience of working at a sports venue, taking bookings and dealing with queries.
• Experience and understanding of the needs of a sporting team.
Qualifications (incl. certifications) Essential:
• Must be able to travel in and around Southampton.
• GCSE’s grade A-C or equivalent in English and Maths.
Qualifications (incl. certifications) Desirable:
• A current and recognised FA First Aid qualification.
• A current FA Safeguarding Children workshop certificate.
• Friendly, confident and approachable.
• A good knowledge of Southampton and the surrounding areas.
• Time Management and organisational skills.
• Proven ability to use own initiative, show flexibility and problem solve in a fast paced environment.
• The ability to be polite but firm when dealing with difficult, impatient or upset people.
• A good listener with excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Organised, methodical, calm and detailed orientated.
• Enthusiastic and self-motivated.
• Able to interact with a wide range of people.
• Ability to work well under pressure and maintain sensitivity.
• A willingness to work varied and long hours.
• Basic IT skills.
What do you get in return?
If you are successful you can look forward to the following benefits:
• Competitive hourly rate of £8 per hour.
• Branded Southampton Cup T-shirt.
• Packed lunch each day.
• Opportunity to work for a Premiership Football Club.
• Ability to meet new people.
• Gain new skills.
Please be aware that a criminal disclosure and identity check will be carried out for this opportunity.
In order to apply for the role of Team Training Co-ordinator you need to have previously registered your interest in working on the Southampton Cup. You will also have received further information about the tournament by attending one of our Recruitment Evenings.
If you are keen to undertake a new exciting challenge as a Team Training Co-ordinator, please submit your CV and cover letter by clicking here.
For a full job description, please click here.
The closing date for applications is Monday 13th March 2017.
Southampton Football Club recognises that the safety and protection of those children and young people in day to day contact with the Club is paramount. The Company is committed to creating a safe culture for all.
Southampton Football Club is an Equal Opportunities Employer