Halo Conferences & Events is the catering business within the Southampton Football Club Group. Halo is an aspiring catering company in its own right, challenging the paradigm of large scale catering to provide exceptional quality to their customers.
Acquired by the Football Club in 2010; together they operate a culture which promotes respect, unity, accountability, creativity and aspiration ¬- this is the Southampton Way.
We want people who can lead the way and become an example to others. At Halo Conferences & Events you¹ll be given the platform to work in a vibrant, intelligent and challenging work environment with the potential to develop and become the best at what you do.
We don’t stand still, we are constantly moving forward. Be part of it…
What is the role?
We have an exciting opportunity within our culinary department of Southampton Football Club’s catering business, Halo Conferences & Events. This is a new position that will be predominantly based at our elite training facility, Staplewood Campus. In the role of Sous Chef, you will be responsible for assisting with the preparation, presentation and serving of food for all guests on site attending functions and match days; and catering on a daily basis for the training ground canteen.
As Sous Chef, you will deputise for the Performance Chef and Head Chef in their absence and take control of operations, including ordering where required, always ensuring you do this to a standard fitting of a Premier League football club that is looking to maximise its culinary potential.
This role of Sous Chef offers the opportunity to join us at a time of change and development, which will see the opportunities for culinary potential taken to the next level. You can be part of this journey and be a leader in facilitating it.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Chef with a creative flair in the Kitchen. The ideal candidate will have strong people management experience within a large conference and/or banqueting environment.
As Sous Chef, you will be creative and ensure that the menus developed reflect current food trends and match the Company requirements, along with always taking into account nutritional understanding.
The competencies that are required include:
• Conference, Banqueting and large catering operation experience.
• Fine dining
• Experience supervising large teams.
• Previous work experience using fresh seasonal produce.
Qualifications (incl. certifications)
• GCSEs or equivalent in English and Maths.
• City and guilds 706/1, 706/2 or NVQ level 2 & 3.
• Food hygiene certificate.
• Nutritional qualification.
• Strong communication skills.
• Strong organisational skills.
• Sound food/product knowledge.
• Knowledge of health and hygiene legislation.
• Willing to learn.
• Team player.
• Assertive and works calm under pressure.
• Able to communicate at all levels.
• Self-starter, driven and ambitious.
• Creative in thinking and approach.
• Motivated by a passion for quality and great service delivery.
• A can do attitude.
• Financial acumen.
• Advanced food hygiene.
What do you get in return?
If you are successful you can look forward to a healthy benefits package;
• A competitive salary depending on experience.
• Two Season Tickets.
• 26 days’ holiday per year.
• Life Assurance Cover of 2x salary.
• Contributory Pension Scheme.
• Incentivised Private Medical Insurance Scheme.
• Child Care Vouchers.
• Free onsite parking.
• Discounted Southampton Football Club merchandise.
Click here for the full job description.
If you are keen to undertake a new exciting challenge as our Sous Chef, please submit your CV and cover letter plus your current salary here.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 12th March 2017.