Saints Community Champion – Cantell School
Full-time (fixed-term contract until 31/08/2019)
Saints Foundation is an independent charity aligned to Southampton Football Club. Harnessing the passion of the Club and its fans we aim to inspire, support and deliver positive change and equality of opportunity for young people and vulnerable adults across Southampton and surrounding areas.
What is the role?
Saints Foundation has an exciting opportunity to be part of the charity’s Community Champions programme. The position will be based at Cantell School in Southampton, coordinating the delivery of the Foundation’s Community and Education based programmes, becoming the central point between the Saints Foundation and the Education Provider. The successful candidate will need to ensure the core values of the Saints Foundation are fully embedded within school life, raising the aspirations of pupils and liaising with teachers and parents to promote the resilience of young people aged 10-16 years old.
The role will include creating key partnerships with other young people’s services and working closely with the Saints Foundation Project Officers to ensure a detailed monitoring and evaluation programme is implemented. The successful candidate will also deliver a number of family liaison and young leader’s programmes.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a candidate with a minimum of two years’ experience within the industry, with a strong knowledge of community engagement programmes specifically tailored to the provision of Emotional Health & Wellbeing for young people. You need to be an exceptional organiser with the ability to build a strong rapport with colleagues and pupils with varying needs. A good understanding of key youth services in the local area will be beneficial, as well as good knowledge of Monitoring and Evaluation.
The competencies which are required include:
• Educated to degree level or have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the industry sector, working with young people aged 10-16 years old.
• A knowledge of M&E programmes relevant to the industry sector.
• Ability to build a strong rapport with colleagues and pupils with varying needs. Extending partnerships with a multitude of external agencies to create pathways and to add value to the Community Champions programme.
• Knowledge of the Saints Foundation.
• Knowledge of local demographic and social needs.
• Experience of coordinating Casual Staff and volunteers
Qualifications (incl. certifications):
• FA coaching qualification – Desirable
• A strong knowledge of community engagement programmes specifically tailored to the provision of Emotional Health & Wellbeing for young people.
• Ability to manage own timetable and work flexible hours, including evenings and School holidays.
• Good communication and organisational skills.
• Confident and outgoing personality.
• Positive Attitude.
• Ability to engage with hard to reach groups.
• Have a good understanding of the key Youth Services in Southampton and be able to signpost service users accordingly.
What do you get in return?
If you are successful you can look forward to a healthy benefits package:
• A salary of up to £21,433 pro rata depending on experience.
• Two Season Tickets.
• 24 day’s holiday per year, increasing to 25 days after one full football season.
• Life Assurance Cover of 2x salary.
• Contributory Pension Scheme.
• Incentivised Private Medical Insurance Scheme.
• Child Care Vouchers.
• Free onsite parking.
• Discounted Southampton Football Club merchandise.
Please be aware that a criminal disclosure and identity check will be carried out for this opportunity.
If you are keen to undertake a new exciting challenge, please click here to apply.
For a full description of the job, please click here.
The closing date for applications is Friday 24th March.
Southampton Football Club recognises that the safety and protection of those children and young people in day to day contact with the Club is paramount. The Company is committed to creating a safe culture for all.
Southampton Football Club is an Equal Opportunities Employer