Risk and Ethics Officer
Southampton Football Club is a Premier League club competing at the highest level of professional football with a culture which promotes respect, unity, accountability, creativity and aspiration – this is The Southampton Way.
We look for people with integrity, compassion and support for those around them; people who take pride in what they do with an honest approach, who embrace a challenge while also being accountable for their decisions; people who have the energy and passion to bring an innovative approach to their role and strive to be different from the rest; people with the aspiration to lead the way and become an example to others.
At Southampton Football Club you’ll be given the platform to work in a vibrant, intelligent and challenging work environment with the potential to develop and become the best at what you do.
We don’t stand still, we are constantly moving forward.
What is the role?
Sitting within the Legal team, the role of Risk & Ethics Officer will look to identify, monitor and resolve risks; whilst ensuring the mitigation of compliance to the Group companies of St. Mary’s Football Group, including Southampton Football Club Limited, St. Mary’s Catering Limited, St. Marys Training Centre and the Saints Foundation.
You will be responsible for planning, auditing, implementing, monitoring and reviewing the protective measures for each facet of the Group. You will assist teams with the development of processes, policies and controls as deemed necessary to help mitigate risks and ensure legal and regulatory compliance. In both a national and international context, you will consider occupational health problems, accidents, injuries and environmental risks. You will assist in matters relating to safeguarding, data protection and business ethics.
You will evaluate and review existing, new and upcoming legislation and regulations, ensuring the Group has controls, practices and resources in place to meet compliance requirements.
What are we looking for?
The successful candidate will need to have experience in a similar role and have demonstrable knowledge of the risk and compliance environment within a corporate setting. You will need to have exceptional people and planning skills in order meet the requirements of both internal and external stakeholders.
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
Qualifications (incl. certifications) Essential:
• Educated to Degree level or equivalent
• Professional qualification in legal, compliance, risk or audit
Qualifications (incl. certifications) Desirable:
• Qualified solicitor, auditor or company secretary
• Member of the Institute of Risk Management
• Good data analysis skills. Able to interpret results and identify trends or opportunities for improvement from data
• Confident in presenting findings to more senior colleagues in a diplomatic but effective way
• An analytical mind with a proven ability to think proactively and in an innovative way
• Ability to build and develop processes and plans and solutions that are tailored to a highly commercial environment
• A willingness to develop, acquire and apply new skills in different environments. Interest in developing audit/investigation skills and health & safety training are particularly of interest
• The ability to build good working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
What do you get in return?
If you are successful you can look forward to a healthy benefits package:
• A competitive salary depending on experience
• Two Season Tickets
• 26 days’ holiday per year
• Life Assurance Cover of 2x salary
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Incentivised Private Medical Insurance Scheme
• Child Care Vouchers
• Free onsite parking
• Discounted Southampton Football Club merchandise
Please click here for the full job description.
Please be aware that a criminal disclosure and identity check will be carried out for this opportunity.
If you are keen to undertake a new exciting challenge, please email your CV with a covering letter outlining your current salary to email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 11th December 2016.
Southampton Football Club recognises that the safety and protection of those children and young people in day to day contact with the Club is paramount. The Company is committed to creating a safe culture for all.
Southampton Football Club is an Equal Opportunities Employer