Southampton Football Club is a Premier League club competing at the highest level of professional football with a culture which promotes respect, unity, accountability, creativity and aspiration – this is The Southampton Way.
We look for people with integrity, compassion and support for those around them; people who take pride in what they do with an honest approach, who embrace a challenge while also being accountable for their decisions; people who have the energy and passion to bring an innovative approach to their role and strive to be different from the rest; people with the aspiration to lead the way and become an example to others.
At Southampton Football Club you’ll be given the platform to work in a vibrant, intelligent and challenging work environment with the potential to develop and become the best at what you do.
We don’t stand still, we are constantly moving forward.
What is the role?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager with a background in digital marketing to join our creative marketing department on a temporary basis to provide maternity cover for the existing post holder.
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing and coordinating digital marketing projects through setting objectives and ensuring all documentation, systems and processes are adhered to. The Project Manager will also manage and set expectations in quality and performance standards working with internal teams and external contractors and consultants in order to deliver the projects to plan and on time.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Project Manager with a strong digital marketing background, who can manage the day to day operational aspects of the projects and meet the deliverables as promised. As such, we are looking for someone with enthusiasm, creativity, exceptional communications skills and an ability to build relationships quickly and easily.
The competencies which are required include:
• At least 2 years agency experience.
• Background in media, entertainment or sport.
• Experience with digital development and website builds
• Understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design.
• Understanding of internet, intranet, extranet and client/server architectures.
Qualifications (incl. certifications):
• Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
• Exceptional organisation skills.
• Good analytical skills.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills.
• Numeracy skills.
• Commercial awareness.
• Excellent team working skills and diplomacy.
• Management and leadership skills with an ability to motivate people.
• Ability to manage stakeholder expectations or manage a small team.
• Exceptional planning skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Successful track record of delivering results in line with budgets.
• Ability to think strategically and plan tactfully.
• Communication skills
• Must be prepared to travel.
What do you get in return?
If you are successful you can look forward to a healthy benefits package:
• A competitive salary depending on experience.
• Two Season Tickets.
• 27 day’s holiday per year.
• Life Assurance Cover of 3x salary.
• Contributory Pension Scheme.
• Private Medical Insurance for yourself.
• Child Care Vouchers.
• Free onsite parking.
• Discounted Southampton Football Club merchandise.
If you are keen to undertake a new exciting challenge, please submit your CV and cover letter plus your current salary by clicking here.
For a full description of the job, please click here.
The closing date for applications for the Project Manager post is 19th March 2017.
Southampton Football Club recognises that the safety and protection of those children and young people in day to day contact with the Club is paramount. The Company is committed to creating a safe culture for all.
Southampton Football Club is an Equal Opportunities Employer