IT Service Desk Analyst
Southampton Football Club is a Premier League club competing at the highest level of professional football with a culture which promotes respect, unity, accountability, creativity and aspiration – this is The Southampton Way.
We look for people with integrity, compassion and support for those around them; people who take pride in what they do with an honest approach, who embrace a challenge while also being accountable for their decisions; people who have the energy and passion to bring an innovative approach to their role and strive to be different from the rest; people with the aspiration to lead the way and become an example to others.
At Southampton Football Club you’ll be given the platform to work in a vibrant, intelligent and challenging work environment with the potential to develop and become the best at what you do.
We don’t stand still, we are constantly moving forward.
What is the IT Service Desk Analyst role?
You could join our growing IT department in the role of IT Service Desk Analyst. As the primary point of contact between end users (i.e. our staff) and the IT department, you will be responsible for accurately recording IT incidents and service requests that are raised on a daily basis, while recording, supporting and escalating requests as appropriate using our IT Service Management (ITSM) tool.
You will be the first point of contact for staff, press and guests to the Club, across all of our sites, both face to face and remotely to staff in Southampton, London and Bath. You will have need to have a good level of knowledge of desktop services including MAC OS, IOS and Windows and the ability to assist with setting up a range of new devices and VOIP telephony to achieve the service provision of the Service Desk.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an IT Service Desk Analyst that is a driven and committed individual who has excellent technical troubleshooting abilities and customer service skills, of which you will have ideally demonstrated in a customer service based role. You will need to be a quick learner with an ability to learn new technologies and applications with ease, and have an excellent logical approach towards troubleshooting.
The competencies which are required for this IT Service Desk Analyst include:
• Experience in a customer service role.
• 2-years previous Service Desk / Call Centre experience.
• Experience working in a high-pressure, fast changing environment.
Qualifications (incl. certifications) Essential
• GCSE’s grade A - C or equivalent in English and Maths.
Qualifications (incl. certifications) Desirable
• ITIL Foundation.
• Full UK Driving License and access to personal transport.
• Ability to learn new technologies and applications.
• Excellent logical approach towards troubleshooting.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Adaptable and able to work independently.
• Excellent approach to teamwork.
• Ability to prioritise workload whilst maintaining excellent customer service.
• Experience using an ITSM Tool (preferably Cireson / System Center Manager).
• Active Directory.
• Apple support – OSX and IOS.
• Mobile Device Management support.
• Windows support – including O/S 7, 8 & 10 and Office 10, 13 and 16.
• Audio / Visual support.
• VOIP Telephony support.
• Printer support.
What do you get in return?
If you are successful you can look forward to a healthy benefits package:
• A competitive salary depending on experience.
• Two Season Tickets.
• 22 days’ holiday per year, increasing to 25 days after one full football season.
• Life Assurance Cover of 2x salary.
• Contributory Pension Scheme.
• Incentivised Private Medical Insurance Scheme.
• Child Care Vouchers.
• Free onsite parking.
• Discounted Southampton Football Club merchandise.
For a full job description, please click here.
Please be aware that a criminal disclosure and identity check will be carried out for this opportunity.
If you are keen to undertake a new exciting challenge, please click here to apply.
The closing date for applications is 17 January 2017.
IT Service Desk Analyst Ref: OLR12112
Southampton Football Club recognises that the safety and protection of those children and young people in day to day contact with the Club is paramount. The Company is committed to creating a safe culture for all.
Southampton Football Club is an Equal Opportunities Employer.