Interim Payroll Officer (6 months)
Southampton Football Club is a Premier League club competing at the highest level of professional football with a culture which promotes respect, unity, accountability, creativity and aspiration – this is The Southampton Way.
We look for people with integrity, compassion and support for those around them; people who take pride in what they do with an honest approach, who embrace a challenge while also being accountable for their decisions; people who have the energy and passion to bring an innovative approach to their role and strive to be different from the rest; people with the aspiration to lead the way and become an example to others.
At Southampton Football Club you’ll be given the platform to work in a vibrant, intelligent and challenging work environment with the potential to develop and become the best at what you do.
We don’t stand still, we are constantly moving forward.
What is the role?
The position of Interim Payroll Officer, based at St. Mary’s Stadium, will assist and support the Payroll Manager in delivering an effective and efficient payroll service ensuring that all staff and workers are paid accurately and on time. This will be during a 6 month period whilst the Payroll Manager assists with the implementation of a new ERP system.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with Payroll experience who is confident with numbers and enjoys working to deadlines. As an Interim Payroll Officer, you will be working closely with the Payroll Manager to ensure a smooth running process each month.
This role will be integral to providing a high level of service to all Southampton Football Club employees.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for applicants who are highly organised, enthusiastic and proactive in their approach. They will be able to work to tight deadlines and possess a good eye for detail. A background in Payroll is essential as well as being able to work well in a small team that requires excellent communication skills.
The competencies which are required include:
• 3 years’ experience working in a payroll role.
• Demonstrable experience of managing a high workload and prioritising work effectively.
• Previous experience with Access Payroll.
Qualifications (incl. certifications) Essential:
• AAT Payroll Qualification
Qualifications (incl. certifications) Desirable:
• AAT Payroll Qualification to level 3
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Must be confident working with numbers.
• Strong problem solving skills and decision making.
• Ability to think strategically.
• Strong planning and organisational skills; ensuring that confidentiality is maintained at all times.
• Ability to build strong working relationships.
• Experience of working within a fast paced environment.
• Excellent communication skills.
• IT literate.
• Quality focus; takes responsibility for ensuring a high quality of work.
• Drive and Energy; demonstrates enthusiasm and is personally committed to achieving objectives set.
What do you get in return?
If you are successful you can look forward to a healthy benefits package:
• A competitive salary depending on experience.
• One Season Ticket.
• 24 days’ holiday per year.
• Contributory Pension Scheme.
• Incentivised Private Medical Insurance Scheme.
• Child Care Vouchers.
• Free onsite parking.
• Discounted Southampton Football Club merchandise.
Please be aware that a criminal disclosure and identity check will be carried out for this opportunity.
If you are keen to undertake a new exciting challenge, please submit your CV and cover letter plus your current salary by clicking here.
For a full description of the job, please click here.
The closing date for applications for the Interim Payroll Officer position is 19th March 2017.
Southampton Football Club recognises that the safety and protection of those children and young people in day to day contact with the Club is paramount. The Company is committed to creating a safe culture for all.
Southampton Football Club is an Equal Opportunities Employer