Football & Sports Development Project Officer
Saints Foundation is an independent charity aligned to Southampton Football Club. Harnessing the passion of the Club and its fans we aim to inspire, support and deliver positive change and equality of opportunity for young people and adults at risk across Southampton and surrounding areas.
What is the Football & Sports Development Project Officer role?
The Football & Sports Development Project Officer will oversee the delivery of the Premier League 4Sport and Premier League Women and Girls’ football programme as detailed in the programme proposals. This enriching role will work with NGBs to deliver a structured pathway for young people to participate in sport and create a sporting habit within participants, removing perceived barriers to engagement with sport.
The successful candidate will ensure a detailed monitoring and evaluation programme is implemented, provide line management to casual staff and support our Community Champions who will directly deliver activities; providing training, advice and guidance. You will have the opportunity to create pathways for participants to develop into elite pathways, including liaising with Southampton FC’s Women and Girls’ regional talent club, Saints Foundation’s advanced coaching centres and NGB’s talent centres.
This exciting role will include liaising with the Premier League and ensuring monitoring and evaluating is within the needs of each funder. Capturing success stories is an important part of this role and there will be opportunities to identify service gaps within existing Football & Sports Development provision and approach potential partners/funders.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a candidate for this Football 7 Sports Development Project Officer with a minimum of two years’ experience within the industry, good knowledge of M&E programmes and a strong awareness of community engagement programmes within this specific area. You need to be an exceptional organiser with the ability to work closely with partners and engage people into your project.
Do you have the required competencies for the Football & Sports Development Project Officer role?
• Minimum two years’ experience within the industry.
• Experience in Line Management of casual staff members.
• Experience of delivering a variety of Sports Development programmes, removing barriers for participation for young people from all backgrounds.
• Experience of engaging with hard to reach groups within sport, specifically promoting female participation in football at all levels.
Qualifications (incl. certifications)
• Hold a degree in a relevant subject.
• Hold a minimum NGB Level Two in Football Coaching qualification.
Qualifications (incl. certifications)
• UKCC Level 1/2 Coaching qualification or equivalent in a variety of sports
• Knowledge of M&E programmes relevant to the industry sector.
• A strong knowledge of community engagement programmes specifically tailored to creating sporting habit and working with adults and young people to increase sports participation.
• Excellent communication and organisation skills.
• Confident and outgoing personality.
• Positive Attitude.
• Knowledge of PLCF and PLPFA funded projects.
• Have a good understanding of Sports Development provider within Southampton and the surrounding areas.
Please be aware that a criminal disclosure and identity check will be carried out for this opportunity.
If you are successful you can look forward to a healthy benefits package;
• A salary of up to £21,433 depending on experience.
• Two Season Tickets.
• 24 days’ holiday per year, increasing to 25 days after one full football season.
• Life Assurance Cover of 2x salary.
• Contributory Pension Scheme.
• Incentivised Private Medical Insurance Scheme.
• Child Care Vouchers.
• Free onsite parking.
• Discounted Southampton Football Club merchandise.
Click here for the full job description.
If you are keen to undertake a new exciting challenge, please submit your CV and cover letter plus your current salary here.
The closing date for applications for the Football & Sports Development Project Officer is Sunday 8th January 2017.
Southampton Football Club recognises that the safety and protection of those children and young people in day to day contact with the Club is paramount. The Company is committed to creating a safe culture for all.
Southampton Football Club is an Equal Opportunities Employer.