Football and Sports Development Officer (Saints Foundation)
Saints Foundation is an independent charity aligned to Southampton Football Club. Harnessing the passion of the Club and its fans we aim to inspire, support and deliver positive change and equality of opportunity for young people and adults at risk across Southampton and surrounding areas.
What is the role?
To oversee and coordinate the planning, delivery and monitoring of high quality coaching programmes within the Football & Sports Development department at Saints Foundation; aiming to increase participation among participants of all abilities in schools, clubs, coaching centres and the community, and ensuring that all delivery is ‘best in class’.
The role will include coordinating, developing and delivering various programmes within the geographical area ensuring growth, profit and quality assurance targets are all met.
The successful candidate will provide support and guidance to delivery staff and casual staff to ensure consistency of services and equip them to deliver all schemes of work as per the requirements of the school, club or group.
Position 1 will oversee Area 2: Winchester, Basingstoke & Deane, Hart & Rushmore, East Hants, Newbury and Andover
Position 2 will oversee Area 3: New Forest, Test Valley, Salisbury, South Wiltshire
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a candidate who holds a degree in a relevant subject or has a minimum of 3 years’ industry experience and holds a minimum FA Level Two in Football Coaching qualification. You will need to have excellent communication and organisation skills and the ability to organise and motivate team members with a confident and outgoing personality.
The competencies which are required include:
• Knowledge of Club Community Organisations and Football & Sports Development Programmes.
• Experience of M&E and quality assurance procedures relevant to the industry sector.
• A strong knowledge of Southampton FC’s FDSC programme and how the Saints Foundation can use the ‘Southampton Way’ values to promote our paid provisions.
• Experience in Line Management of staff and volunteers.
• Proven track record of implementing football and multisport programmes to generate income.
• Have a good understanding of the components needed to ensure the Saints Foundation is the ‘Best in practice’ for football, multisport, PE & School Sport delivery.
• Have a good understanding of the key sports coaching providers across Hampshire and the services they offer, ensuring Saints Foundation is effectively positioned as market leader.
• Line management experience of full time staff and performance processes.
Qualifications (incl. certifications) Essential:
• Hold degree in relevant subject or min of 3 years industry experience
• Hold a minimum FA Level Two in Football Coaching qualification.
Qualifications (incl. certifications) Desirable:
• afPE 1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Physical Education and School Sport
• UKCC Level 1/2 Coaching qualification or equivalent in a variety of sports.
• Excellent communication and organisation skills.
• Ability to organise and motivate team members.
• Confident and outgoing personality.
• Aims to support and improve staff members.
• Positive attitude.
What do you get in return?
If you are successful you can look forward to a healthy benefits package;
• A salary of up to £25,700 depending on experience.
• Two Season Tickets.
• 24 days’ holiday per year, increasing to 25 days after one full football season.
• Life Assurance Cover of 2x salary.
• Contributory Pension Scheme.
• Incentivised Private Medical Insurance Scheme.
• Child Care Vouchers.
• Free onsite parking.
• Discounted Southampton Football Club merchandise.
Click here for the full job description.
Please be aware that a criminal disclosure and identity check will be carried out for this opportunity.
If you are keen to undertake a new exciting challenge, please submit your CV and cover letter plus your current salary by clicking here.
The closing date for applications is Friday 24th March 2017
Southampton Football Club recognises that the safety and protection of those children and young people in day to day contact with the Club is paramount. The Company is committed to creating a safe culture for all.
Southampton Football Club is an Equal Opportunities Employer