Converged Infrastructure Engineer
Southampton Football Club is a Premier League club competing at the highest level of professional football with a culture which promotes respect, unity, accountability, creativity and aspiration – this is The Southampton Way.
We look for people with integrity, compassion and support for those around them; people who take pride in what they do with an honest approach, who embrace a challenge while also being accountable for their decisions; people who have the energy and passion to bring an innovative approach to their role and strive to be different from the rest; people with the aspiration to lead the way and become an example to others.
At Southampton Football Club you’ll be given the platform to work in a vibrant, intelligent and challenging work environment with the potential to develop and become the best at what you do.
We don’t stand still, we are constantly moving forward.
What is the role?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Converged Infrastructure Engineer to join the IT Department at a time of significant and exciting change.
The Converged Infrastructure Engineer is a hands-on role that will be responsible for the build, test and implementation of all aspects of the infrastructure, including new and significant changes to Business Services. Ensuring high standards of quality, repeatability and delivery are maintained.
The Converged Infrastructure Engineer will take lead on IT Infrastructure projects and play an active role in delivering the IT Strategy. Must have experience working across multiple geographical sites and a knowledge of retail systems would be advantageous in a customer / supplier environment.
This is a customer facing role where you will be part of the IT team supporting Southampton Football Club’s business critical systems, ensuring timely resolution to escalated incidents, service requests and problems.
What are we looking for?
The successful candidate must have significant experience working in a comparable role. You will need to demonstrate a collaborative team approach and interact well with front line users and management providing consultation and expert advice. The Converged Infrastructure Engineer will be approachable, helpful and customer focused with the desire and motivation to succeed.
The competencies which are required include:
• 5+ years’ experience working in a comparable role in an enterprise environment.
• Experience of working in a fast-paced environment with continual demands and changing priorities.
• ITIL Foundation
• Project Management (Agile, PRINCE2)
• Demonstrate and foster a collaborative team approach and interact well with front line and management providing consultation and expert advice.
• A practical individual who is also comfortable strategising and dividing their time between project work, support and maintenance.
• Strong, confident, self-motivated and willing to take ownership and accountability for the current and future core technology stack in operation at SFC.
• Used to working and adhering to the ITIL Framework for Service Design, Transition and Operation.
• Demonstrable documentation skills including HLD, LLD, user training and technical how to documents
• Datacentre & Servers (Microsoft 2008/2012 Server, Active Directory)
• System Management Applications (HP SIM, SCOM, SCCM, VMM, SCCM, DPM)
• HP Blade & Chassis Configuration
• Microsoft Cloud – Office365, Azure
• HP & Pure Storage platforms
• Scripting, PowerShell
• Network & Security (TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, VPN, DSL, Firewalls)
• Desktop (MAC, Windows 7/8/10 and Imaging)
• System Centre Orchestrator
• Experience RDS, AppV & Hyper
• Retail Systems
• IPTV (TriplePlay)
• Linux Operation Systems
• HP Flex 10 Fabric
• Exchange & SharePoint
• Unified Communications & VOIP (NEC U3c)
What do you get in return?
If you are successful you can look forward to a healthy benefits package;
• A competitive salary depending on experience.
• Two Season Tickets.
• 26 days’ holiday per year.
• Life Assurance Cover of 2x salary.
• Contributory Pension Scheme.
• Incentivised Private Medical Insurance Scheme.
• Child Care Vouchers.
• Free onsite parking.
• Discounted Southampton Football Club merchandise.
Please be aware that a criminal disclosure and identity check may be carried out for this opportunity.
Full job description.
If you are keen to undertake a new exciting challenge, please submit your CV and cover letter plus your current salary here.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 18th December 2016.
Southampton Football Club recognises that the safety and protection of those children and young people in day to day contact with the Club is paramount. The Company is committed to creating a safe culture for all.
Southampton Football Club is an Equal Opportunities Employer