(As and when required)
St Mary’s Training Centre Ltd (SMTC) was founded in 2007 and is a subsidiary company of Southampton Football Club competing in the highest tier of English football.
SMTC has two main functions:
• To identify and provide for the training needs of SFC as direct provider or facilitator;
• To identify and secure external training contracts and develop revenue streams.
Our diverse culture at the Club and staff competencies mean that we are subject experts across many areas including security and spectator safety, through to hospitality, management and most recently the successful launch of Apprenticeships in Business Admin, Customer Service and Team Leading.
We don’t stand still, we are constantly moving forward. Be part of it…
What is the role?
We have an exciting opportunity for Casual Trainers to join our growing team in St Mary’s Training Centre which operates under the brand of Southampton Football Club.
We are continually developing and expanding the training centre and are looking to increase the number of courses we offer. This is a unique opportunity to join us in delivering high quality training sessions and workshops on a range of subjects to internal and external clients. You will teach and facilitate learning across a number of projects including study programmes, traineeships, apprenticeships, Functional Skills or commercial workshops.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for experienced trainers who are qualified to train in at least one of the following subjects: Retail; Management; Hospitality; Teacher Training; Leisure; Spectator Safety; Grounds Maintenance; Level 2 English; Level 2 Maths. Knowledge of multiple subjects would be desirable.
The successful candidate will have a passion for training and will have proven experience in delivering a good standard of training in a commercial or education environment relevant to their subject specialism.
The competencies which are required include:
• Experience of delivering a good standard of training in a commercial or education environment relevant to subject specialism.
• Experienced in managing learner behaviours that ensure successful learning outcomes.
• Experience or knowledge of education programmes such as Study programmes, Traineeships and/or apprenticeships.
• Qualifications in one or more of the core essential subject areas;
Level 2 English
Level 2 Maths
• Foundation Teaching Qualification ie PTLLS or equivalent
• Ability to interact and teach to many candidates with different levels of ability
• Good team player
• Excellent Communication Skills – ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
• IT Literate – in Microsoft Office applications
• Drive and Energy – demonstrates enthusiasm and is personally committed to achieving objectives set and inspiring learning.
• Innovative – able to give new ideas and suggestions for improvement.
• Experience with E-portfolios and electronic Learner Management Systems
• Delivery of functional skills in Maths, English and ICT at L1 & 2
• Experienced assessor with the ability to apply varying assessment approaches
• Experienced quality assurer, with a proven track record of managing internal verification.
• Level 5 or Higher Teaching Qualification
• Assessors Award ie. A1 or equivalent
• Verifier award ie. V1 or equivalent
• Level 2 or above in English and Maths
Click here for the full job description.
Please be aware that a criminal disclosure and identity check will be carried out for this opportunity.
The hours of work will vary depending on assignments and are as and when required. The hourly rate will range from £10 - £25 per hour depending on the tasks being completed. Admin related tasks will be paid at £10-15 per hour and Teaching tasks will be paid at £20-25 per hour depending on experience.
If you are keen to undertake a new exciting challenge, please submit your CV and cover letter detailing the subjects you are qualified in plus your current salary here.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 31st January 2017, however applications will be considered as and when they are received, and may be called to interview prior to this date.
Southampton Football Club recognises that the safety and protection of those children and young people in day to day contact with the Club is paramount. The Company is committed to creating a safe culture for all.
Southampton Football Club is an Equal Opportunities Employer