Take a look through the key statistics ahead of Southampton's home meeting with Newcastle United in the Premier League.
- Southampton have won more Premier League games in total (15) and at home (12) against Newcastle than they have against any other side in the competition.
- Newcastle have failed to keep an away clean sheet against Southampton in the top-flight in each of their last 26 games, since a 0-0 draw in February 1969.
- Newcastle have won just once in 16 Premier League away games versus Saints (W1 D3 L12).
- The Magpies have won just five points from their last 42 available on the road in the Premier League (W1 D2 L11), with that win coming at Swansea last month.
- Newcastle have conceded just 10 goals in their last 13 Premier League games and never more than twice in a match. The last time they shipped three goals in a Premier League game was their last visit to St Mary’s – a 1-3 loss in April 2016.
- Rafael Benitez has failed to collect a single point in his three previous Premier League visits to St. Mary’s - all with different teams. He lost there with Liverpool in January 2005, Chelsea in March 2013 and Newcastle in April 2016.
- Newcastle have averaged the youngest starting line-up in the Premier League this season (25 years, 211 days). Indeed, five of the 10 youngest starting XI’s this term have been named by Rafael Benitez.
- Since the start of last season, Charlie Austin is Southampton’s top scorer at home in the Premier League despite playing just 12 times (five goals).
- Shane Long scored in both games the last times these sides met in 2015-16. He’s scored two goals and assisted a further two in his last three Premier League games against the Magpies.