We take a look at the key statistics ahead of the visit of Manchester United to St Mary's in the Premier League.
- Southampton are winless in their last five home Premier League games against the Red Devils, losing four of those by a single goal margin (D1).
- Manchester United’s last away defeat in the Premier League to Southampton came in August 2003, with James Beattie scoring the only goal of the game.
- Four of Manchester United’s five goals against Southampton in all competitions this season have been scored by Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who has been ruled out for the season.
- Manolo Gabbadiani netted both of Southampton’s goals in the EFL Cup Final in February.
- Manchester United have come from behind to beat Southampton on eight occasions in the Premier League (including in this exact fixture last season) – the most any team has done so against another in the competition’s history.
- Southampton have failed to score in their last three home league games, but they’ve never gone four top-flight home games without a goal.
- Manchester United haven’t lost three successive Premier League games in a row (or in a single month) since December 2015 under Louis Van Gaal.
- Jose Mourinho’s side have won more points away from home this season in the Premier League (34 in 18 games) than they have at Old Trafford (31 in 18 games).
- Manchester United (17 wins) need to win both of their remaining Premier League games in 2016-17 to avoid it being their lowest tally of wins in a single Premier League season. They won 19 in both 2013-14 and 2015-16.