Ahead of Southampton’s Premier League clash against Liverpool at Anfield, we take a look at some of the key statistics behind the fixture.
- Jurgen Klopp hasn’t won any of his three previous Premier League games against Southampton (D2 L1). Liverpool had won their previous three v Saints prior to his arrival.
- Southampton have won just one of their last five visits to Anfield in the Premier League (D1 L3), 1-0 in September 2013 with a goal from current Liverpool player Dejan Lovren.
- Liverpool are yet to score against Southampton in three games this season - drawing 0-0 in the Premier League in November and losing both League Cup semi-final legs 1-0.
- Jurgen Klopp now has an identical record to Brendan Rodgers in his first 65 Premier League games in charge of Liverpool: W33 D18 L14, winning 117 points.
- Since Klopp first took charge of Liverpool in October 2015, there have been 208 goals scored in Premier League games involving the Reds – more than any other side.
- Even if Southampton win their remaining five Premier League matches this season, they’ll still fall under their league points tally in 2015-16 (63) and 2014-15 (60) and would only be able to equal their tally in 2013-14 (56).
- Seven of Southampton’s 11 Premier League wins in 2016-17 have come on a Sunday. In fact, only Manchester United (8) and Tottenham (8) have won more games played on a Sunday in the Premier League this season than Claude Puel’s side.