Ahead of Saints’ UEFA Europa League Group K clash against Sparta Praha at the Generali Stadium, we take a look at some of the key statistics.
- Sparta Praha are without a win in their last 15 fixtures involving Premier League teams (D4 L11). Their last success came in a 3-2 triumph at Watford in November 1983.
- Sparta are unbeaten in four home games in Europe this season (W3 D1), and have won both their Group K fixtures in Prague by two-goal margins.
- Saints have faced just nine shots on target; only Shakhtar Donetsk have faced fewer (6).
- Indeed, Southampton have conceded just six goals in their last 10 European games (inc. qualifiers), never conceding more than once in a game.
- Southampton are one of six sides yet to score a goal away from home in the Europa League group stages this season.
- Sparta Prague have failed to score in each of their last seven European home games against English opposition.
- Virgil van Dijk has a pass completion rate of 91% in the competition so far, having attempted 208 and completed 189.