Virgil van Dijk turned in another superb performance for Southampton in Sunday’s 3-0 win away to West Ham United.
The centre-half, who was both the fans’ and players’ player of the season in the 2015/16 campaign, produced a trademark dominant performance at the back in the victory at London Stadium.
Here, we take a look at some of the stats behind the Dutch international’s display:
• Van Dijk produced 16 clearances during the course of the match – seven more than any other Saints player, and eight more than the best for West Ham.
• His four interceptions during the game were also the most for the visitors.
• Van Dijk also produced a team high for blocks, making two – a figure matched by Ryan Bertrand.
• His percentage of duels won stood at 72.7 per cent, which was again at the top of the pile for Saints.
• The same is true when it came to the number of aerial duels won, with van Dijk claiming nine of those – Charlie Austin was the next closest for Saints, with seven.
• The defender also produced 69 touches during the game – fourth on his team.
• Van Dijk completed an impressive 87 per cent of his passes throughout the match.