Ahead of Saints’ clash with West Ham United on Sunday, we take a look at some of the key statistics behind the fixture.
- The team scoring first has gone on to lose this exact fixture in each of the last three seasons.
- Charlie Austin has scored four goals in his last three games, becoming the first Premier League player to score a league, domestic cup and European goal this season.
- The Hammers have only failed to score in one of their 14 home Premier League meetings with Southampton which was in December 2002 when James Beattie’s late strike secured a 1-0 win.
- Michail Antonio has scored 10 headed Premier League goals in 2016 - twice as many as any other player.
- West Ham have had five headed shots on target in the Premier League this season, all of which have been converted by Antonio.
- West Ham have conceded four goals in consecutive Premier League games for the first time since March 2008, when they conceded four goals in three straight games.
- The Hammers will be hoping to avoid losing four consecutive Premier League games for the first time since April 2014.
- The average time of the first goal scored for both sides is just 1 minute and 6 seconds apart with West Ham averaging 56.35 and the Saints at 55.29.
- Only Crystal Palace (145) have put more crosses in than Saints (125) so far this season in the Premier League.